Experiments make the best meals! So says my kids tummies. Every now and then, I get ideas in my head on what would different ingredients taste like together. Off to the kitchen I go to recreate the vision I saw in my head.
With sharing my recipes, my goal is to make things that appear difficult simple. Because Life is simple, the body is simple, it is us who make things difficult.
I hope to help with making living an abundant and clean life through simplicity all while having vegan/vegetarian food pleasant to the tongue.
Please try this recipe. This will definitely be the go to tortilla to add just about everything in it. From breakfast wraps to dinner ensembles.
NOTE: Roasted Okra and Greens Recipe will pair well with this wrap.
1 cup Roasted Mushrooms
1 cup boiling water
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp Ground Sage
2 cups Quinoa Flour + 1/2 cup flour of choice for rolling
Sesame seed oil, Grapeseed oil, or Avocado oil (for heating the tortillas)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Place uncooked Bella Mushrooms on a baking sheet
3. Bake about 15-20 minutes
4. After mushrooms are roasted, bring water to a boil
5. Place water, mushrooms, and seasonings in a blender
6. Blend until mushroom becomes a thick paste or approx. 2 minutes
7. Pour mushroom mush in a mixing bowl and add Quinoa Flour
8. Stir or blend until it looks like dough
9. Take medium size balls and rolls them
10. Sprinkle flour on a flat surface & your rolling pin
11. Place mushroom ball on it and begin to roll the ball into a round shape
12. Heat a skillet with oil of your choice
13. Place tortilla round in skillet once hot and cook approx. 20 sec on each side or until the tortillas starts to turn brown and form air bubbles.