What an Experiment with all the spices I use on a regular basis combined into one dish.
Biryani is an Indian rice used in fancy or special occasion dishes. Because I wanted to try something new, I combined the idea of stew without the sauce into the rice for an easy bake vegetable rice. Although, this meal tastes better with Jasmine Thai Rice, Biryani was the rice of choice for this meal
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- Boil rice as instructed and add turmeric, cinnamon stick, & bay leaf
- While rice is boiling, Sautee Onions in Coconut oil
- Place spices in a bowl
- Add minced garlic and ginger with onions
- Add cubed potatoes and sautee until slightly golden
- Add carrots and peas, and cook approx. 2 minutes
- Add Broccoli and cook an additional minute
- Add water and cook until it slightly simmers down
- As Rice is done, add half as the first layer in a glass pan
- Than add all of the vegetable mix
- Add last half of rice layer
- (Be sure to remove cinnamon stick and bay leaf)
- Then add another 1/2 cup of hot water to dish, cover, and bake for 10 minutes